View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2018, 4:10 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Goes to show that NY still builds big towers. The slender wave might have seen like it was the trend, but what NY is good at is big footprint towers.
New York never stopped building big buildings. I've always said the majority of the buildings are going to be big and bulky, that's why the slender towers are welcome.
Not every city can get them, and not every city has the skyline to support them, but we can have both. But make no mistake, big and bulky makes up the "bulk" of the skyline.
And we're building big office towers again. The residentials are fine, but something about a big office tower going up on the skyline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILNY View Post
^^^ More of the action

50 Hudson Yards by NyConstructionPhoto, on Flickr

Always amazes me, with the Spiral soon to follow. I'm just glad 30 Hudson is topping out now, it would have been a lot harder to try and get good views of these towers rising with everything going up at once. As it is now, we've got 3 Hudson, 50, and the Spiral at this juncture.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.