View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2009, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago3rd View Post
Hah....have do you believe it would have sold for less than it will now when the market was higher?
Obviously not. But I don't think the CTA bought property along the Brown Line years ago "so that the Corporate/Rich people in Chicago can buy it cheap" when the market tanked. For starters I don't think the CTA could predict the real estate market, and if prices were higher they would be selling them for more. The majority of properties being sold were bought to facilitate Brown Line work. Now that the Brown Line work is wrapping up they are selling the properties off. I don't know why you see some conspiracy by the CTA to help the "Corporate/Rich people" in this.

If the CTA ends up selling properties to politically connected people for less than market value then you will have a point. But nothing of the sort has happened and there is no indication that it is in the process of happening. They have put the properties on the open market to be bought by the highest bidder. Where is the problem with this?