View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 5, 2009, 1:51 AM
Time/Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
Agree NYC4life. I only spent 3 months in New York, but I loved being up in the Bronx and would have never imagined these area looking like this. The service drive off the expressway shown above still looks kinds of messy sans the tires, but I've been up and down Tremont and looks nothing like what is shown above today. It's pretty busy and lots of stores.

Although, I think a few of the addresses above might be off by a little. But they are close.

Talk about change (for the better)

This shot however:

Still looks somewhat the same. However all the buildings looks a lot cleaner and there's no trash. I hope someday the Bronx Courthouse gets renovated.
This is what is getting built right next to it. Boricua Village...

Boricua Village Project

Market:
Melrose, Bronx, NY

Property Description:
Boricua Village is comprised of 4.5 acres with
approx. 460 feet of frontage on Washington
Ave. and 525 feet on East 163rd St.

Market Info:
Boricua Village is located at the entrance to the Melrose Commons Urban Renewal Project (see “Neighborhood” for map of area) and is only a few minutes away from The Grand Concourse, the new Yankee Stadium, The Bronx Borough Center, Concourse Village, Lincoln Hospital and Hostos Community College. There are many residents currently living within walking distance of this new development. The Melrose Commons Urban Renewal Plan is bounded on the North side by East 163rd Street, on the East side by Brook Avenue, on the South side by East 156th Street, and by Park Avenue on the West side.

Development:
This site is a future development comprising of:

750 residential rental units
110,000 sq. ft. state of the art college with 2,400 students enrolled
Approximately 40,000 sq. ft. of retail space that will feature full-height glass windows, high ceilings, and large frontages on Elton Avenue, 163rd Street and Third Avenue.

Located at the southwest corner of 3rd Avenue and East 163rd Street with easy access to the I-95.