View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
That's fine, if you don't claim any relevance to average pay. Once you do, anecdotes mean next to nothing.

Find a reputable source that agrees with you. There must be one out there somewhere.
The average guy, eh? Nothing very average about the rideshare driver. They run the gamut, seriously.

I've read pages and pages of debate following the passage of AB-5. That's why I'm familiar with the Union propaganda as well as propaganda from their city friends. I'm also familiar with the geeky side from reading all the liberal elites agenda-based propaganda by urbanists which of course is a reputable source... right.

Average guy? What about the average working poor that sees uber/lyft as bit of a life-line. You think they want to see fares double? Have you or your friends ever talked to them? Have you ever given them a ride? You don't even see them; they don't count. There's nothing very average about the Union or urban liberal elites. They all live in their own fantasy world.

Of the roughly 80% of drivers who are part timers the vast majority do not want to be an employee. Neither do the full-timers that know what they're doing.

I'll give you one data set that's well-known. At PHX Sky Harbor, ride-share now does two-thirds of the pickups. The rest are scattered among taxis, various vans or free hotel shuttles, shuttles to the rental car lots etc.

Why do liberals continually want to screw up the free-market where it's working. It's because of their arrogance; they know better what is best for everybody else. Sure they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
Who are you and what did you do with TakeFive?
There's a difference between well-reasoned available information and speculative agenda-based propaganda. Am I guilty of both at times? Probably. What isn't political or subject to opinion? I assume that's where you were going.