View Single Post
Old Posted May 7, 2020, 4:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXE View Post
Folks, I hear you all with the complaints. And this project warrants *some* level of criticism, I agree. But this is City Park we are talking about. And all this talk about how with "a little more effort" or "changes that wouldn't result in higher costs" are illegitimate. The only reason this project can and should proceed as planned (i.e. two 25 story towers) is because of the level quality.

This is Saskatoon, guys. I mean that with no disrespect; I'm from the city and am just as passionate about it's future as you all are. But we must be more realistic about this development and others like it. This is the largest residential project in the history of Saskatoon which happens to be taking place during the worst economic period in a very long time. Let's take it!!

On a separate note, I'd love to see a rendering of the revised skyline coming down the bridge towards downtown.
I lived for about 6 years in City Park (one of the boardwalk rentals). This is a great addition to that neighborhood. It was lacking restaurants and retail. This introduces some of that.

Being City Park and not the CBD I don't think every building needs to be a architectural landmark. This is a lot of rentals being added across the street from downtown. It is no worse that nearly every other mid-market rental in City Park. Its impact on the skyline will be nearly nill, this is going to blocked by towers in every direction.

With global warming the energy efficiency should be a focus. No need for all glass in this location.