View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
Yes, but…..adding parking garage as a component to a residential project is one thing but I think by building a mega garage right behind the new office, presumably providing plentiful and free parking to the employees, won’t they just drive in and drive out? If that is how the site will function, out side of taxing purposes, this won’t be much of a boost to DT Camden in my view. Between PATCO and the Riverline alone, there are great transit options so I’m not sure whye the garage was necessary.

Why not let/force the employees to find their own parking then at least they may do the math if it’s cheaper/more efficient to commute via transit or car. The garage just destroys this whole process, no?
Most office projects, even in Philadelphia, include parking. Transit accessibility to this site in particular isn't THAT good. Yes, the Riverline runs right by here, but then you have to live along the Riverline.

The closest PATCO stop is at City Hall which is what? 6-7 blocks away?

This site isn't really the same as building in Center City, or next to 30th Street Station, which literally have dozens of rail lines, subways, trolleys, buses, etc.

I'm also under the impression that this site is in a flood plain, which makes underground parking very, very costly... and likely too costly for a Camden site at the moment. Camden needs more demand first in order to push for higher quality urban designs.