Thread: "Lane Bus"
View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 27, 2022, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchan View Post
Case in point, whenever I drive into Manhattan over the Williamsburg Bridge, I often drive on the red "bus lane" on Delancey St with no fears at all. There is no accompanying signage dictating whether this is a bus lane or the bus lane hours. Heck, I don't think there is even a "BUS ONLY" or "ONLY BUS" message. My guess on why this so-called "bus lane" exists? It's merely a strong suggestion of a bus lane in order to keep most cars off of it, but it is nothing more than a strong suggestion. The bridge traffic entering Delancey St is already a clusterf*ck, and would be an even larger clusterf*ck if there was a real enforceable bus lane.
I wouldn't interpret the Delancey Street red lanes as active "bus only" lanes. Maybe lanes that are either in the progress of being instated or decommissioned. This one is theoretically being enforced: https://goo.gl/maps/9W7m77QzGX6LqGSP7

The signs claim that they're enforced by camera, but I'm skeptical that many people actually get tickets from driving in it.