View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 11:40 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
I would say demolish the thing and put an iconic fountain in its place like the original plan- but Ross obviously spent too much on this Heatherwick suicide booth. Yes that was an insensitive comment. Just being blunt.
That’s a silly comment. People are constantly jumping in front of trains and iff of buildings, but no one is saying we need to get rid of those. The problem is society, and how we deal with mental health issues.

And in this case in particular, maybe the kid shouldn’t have been taken there. Either way, they will probably enclose the stairs.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/30/teen-w...-sister-guard/

Quote:
”There were lots of tourists around. The kid was racing up the stairs with his younger sister and having a blast, having so much fun,’’ said a security guard at the Manhattan tourist attraction to The Post on Friday, a day after fatal jump.

“One of my colleagues told them, ‘I know it’s fun and stuff, but you are not allowed to run in the Vessel,’ and, ‘Stay with your parents.’ Somehow, when he got to Level Eight, he jumped,” the guard said of the teen from upscale Livingston, New Jersey.

Police sources said the teen had a history of depression and had attempted suicide before.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Jul 31, 2021 at 6:43 PM.