View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 5, 2009, 9:23 PM
BANNED

Im sure everyone here knows by now that Philadelphias number one distict for just about anything is center city. Of course any kind of new transportation, in the eyes of our leadership, must connect to the central hub that is city hall.
This is all they have on the mind, no out of the box thinking, "a route to link a waterfront line to Center City" Yea a line, how about the friggin MFL that already extends to second street? Or the patco line?

Haven't these people ever heard of a transfer? Why must everything overlap at city hall? As of now, and that I know of, from city hall you can take a trolley,2 different subway lines "the only SEPTA subway lines", a bus, or a cab.

I know money is tight and ridership is an issue but come on, maybe there would be an influx of new business districts, residents, and riders if there were actually some good TP. But of course anything moving outward must connect to downtown hence we should build many routes overlapping the basic iron cross that is the BSL & MFL. Priorities first the waterfront needs something fast. Business on colombus is not worth the multiple bus and train rides i have to take from my home on walnut. IKEA, Target, Tony Lukes, John's Roast Pork, Super Markets, are completely too far and too much of a hassel to take TP to. My grandmother lives on the east side of Wharton and complains! Forced always to take a bus, or multiple buses.

I wish someone with some power and money would hear these cries of the multiple people on the site who need some more options. If philadelphia wants to become a world class city, it needs to undergo some changes and produce a world class transit system. Transit that doesn't just include high speed rail to the burbs. There are major quads of this city completely underutilized. Neighborhoods all over south philadelphia, southwest center city, north east center city undergoing major gentrification and revival. The city is growing, our transportation options need to as well.