View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 11:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
As immature as San Francisco's constant fixation on L.A.?

My point was not about what will be. It's about the situation now, which has persisted for well over ten years. The city sat on its ass with Candlestick repairs and now everyone jumps in the blame the Yorks for refusing to be dicked around anymore. They want to move to Santa Clara, which is currently nicer than their dump of a home on the Point.

I personally think they should stay in San Francisco. I wouldn't want the Sharks or [new] Earthquakes playing up there so I'm not going to pretend it doesn't work both ways. I can still root for the Niners no matter what. But the arrogance of you people is disgusting, nonetheless.

Also, I don't want gentrification masked over with some "African Market" pandering farce.
A few minor corrections:

- The Yorks want to move to Santa Clara because they think they can suck more subsidy out of the taxpayers there than in San Francisco which has finally wised up to the stupidity of handing taxpayer money over to sports-oriented businesses.

- The city has refused to pour money into Candlestick because everybody has known for some time that no amount of renovation there would satisfy the Yorks who have made it clear as long as they've owned the team that they wanted a new stadium, preferably on somebody else's dime (these are business people, not playboys like Eddie DeBartolo).

- There is (or was) another thread about San Franciscan arrogance. We are arrogant about our arrogance so tread carefully.