View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
As immature as San Francisco's constant fixation on L.A.?

Well, you have to admit that while Silicon Valley is nice, it is primarily suburban sprawl and looks very similar to the San Fernando Valley. The main differences are that there are more trees and less smog in the Silicon Valley.

My point was not about what will be. It's about the situation now, which has persisted for well over ten years. The city sat on its ass with Candlestick repairs and now everyone jumps in the blame the Yorks for refusing to be dicked around anymore. They want to move to Santa Clara, which is currently nicer than their dump of a home on the Point.

Yeah, and I'm sure that there are parts of Sacramento and Fresno that are nice as well, but it still isn't San Francisco. I'm not saying that the city is perfect (I'm no advocate for the current or former city council), but I do think that the Hunters Point area has GREAT potential. Look how much the area around AT&T Park has improved over the past several years. I'm not saying anything bad about Santa Clara as a place, but it shouldn't be the 49ers home and York and his crew shouldn't be so willing to give up when they hit adversity. They should apply the long-term strategy of building a great team on the field to placing a world-class stadium in the city.

I personally think they should stay in San Francisco. I wouldn't want the Sharks or [new] Earthquakes playing up there so I'm not going to pretend it doesn't work both ways. I can still root for the Niners no matter what. But the arrogance of you people is disgusting, nonetheless.

I'm a 49er fan either way as well. Its not that we're arrogant, its that we LOVE our city. Believe me, I used to live in the Silicon Valley and moved up here a while back. You honestly don't understand how great it is until you live here.

Also, I don't want gentrification masked over with some "African Market" pandering farce.
What's with trying to play the race card here? Most residents of the area actually support the redevelopment plan and understand that building a stadium will help attract other badly needed services and amenities to this long neglected part of the city.