View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 28, 2016, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
Can't tell if Delta cheapened it or kept the same general terminal. They definitely went 'lame' IMHO on the actually gate piers. Was this to squeeze in more gates? Anyone know?
Actually, let me see if I can put this in to context. If you look closely at the design of terminal B you will noticed that they've got a lot of planes wrapped around the gate hub of that futuristic design with the sky walk-over. But for me it appears the those gate areas are going to be close together (from an internal point of view).
But if we look at the Delta design, it seems as though those gate areas are more spacious inside. BTW, the Delta design has two more gate hubs as compared to the first rendering of the Delta design. Look closely: the original design had two gates with the triangle shaped hub leading to ext.'s on either side; subsequently. The new revised design, even-though this design doesn't have the futuristic shape as the others, to accommodate more area within the gate area.
Not sure if that was done to save money, but I think Delta considered the waiting areas and came up with a better solution.