View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
Sometimes I find that stuff cool. Lots of assumptions baked into that one. I’d be curious to know if aside from the vandalism, people who tag are in a demographic that disproportionately causes other problems. The nicer stuff definitely adds to the visual interest of many places, especially shitty bland concrete environments. Lots of tagging, unfortunately, is pretty dumb and hideous on the other hand.
Yes, some of the graffiti is actually impressive. Dare I say, it adds some character to things like rail cars going from city to city.

As for taggers causing other problems disproportionally to the general population, I would say that is a given - yes. Most of us were raised to not vandalise, and most of the taggers are doing this to rebel. However, I've met 2 or 3 taggers in my life, and they are usually involved in other petty crime- shoplifting, theft, etc.

Not all do, but when one considers that they know that they are technically breaking the law, it's not a stretch to say they are doing other criminal acts.