View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Overweight makes the illness worse if you get it so in that sense it helps prevent SYMPTOMATIC COVID, but there's no data it prevents asymptomatic infection and it's asymptomatic infection that the rest of us need to be concerned with. If you are infected, whether symptomatic or not, you are a possible place for a mutation to occur and you can give it to someone who will have a tougher time with it.

Don't use being in what you think is good shape be an excuse not to get vaccinated as 10023 is doing.

Finally, if what you say about the prevalent attitude in Chicago is true, I'm just glad I don't live there. I want my Uber driver to be vaccinated. I want everyone I share the halls of my building to be vaccinated. If an employee of my building refused, I'd want management to require frequent tests of that person. And I would stay out of indoor spaces shared with friends and family who refuse and I would tell them why point blank.
Also, being overweight might make a person statistically more likely to have a severe case of COVID, but being healthy and in shape does not mean there is no risk of severe illness or death. Just like being overweight might make you statistically more likely to die in the event of a car accident, but that doesn't mean that car accidents don't pose a major risk to people who are in shape.