View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
I'm very worried about that. I wonder how many people there are going to be such as myself who get the first shot but not the second one (for vaccines that have a two dose regimen). I have to travel for work.
Why aren't you getting the second shot?

There are studies that show that DELAYING the second shot beyond the 3 or 4 weeks used in the trials is not only not a bad thing, the vaccine may be MORE effective if you do that. It's part of the justification used in the UK and some other places for intentionally trying to maximize first doses while intentional delaying second doses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
I'm very pro-science, pro-vaccine, but I canceled my 2nd Moderna shot. I'm still within the 42 day window, which ends one week from today.

I had decades of mild, manageable tinnitus. About 5 days after my first Moderna shot, it got suddenly and dramatically worse, and it remains that way today. The prospect of it getting even worse with a second shot was untenable to me.

There are increasing numbers of people reporting this same condition. I'm on a FB COVID vaccine tinnitus group started just a couple weeks ago that now has over 1,000 members. So far, it's not getting much attention or generating much news.
Ah. Well the good news is that even one dose offers considerable protection.