View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 9, 2021, 7:22 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Was this type of response necessary?
Exactly what is wrong with my response and what do you mean by “this type” exactly?

I was being entirely serious with my answer to an entirely serious question.

In all likelihood it WILL be 15-20 years more. We’ve still got a few years left of the currently under construction phases, and two more phases still in planning that, cumulatively, are larger than everything already finished or currently in construction. The final phase being significantly more complex than any of the others, as well. The park and all of its phases aren’t fully funded (though mostly so), and politicians have been tinkering around the margins of the plans for a decade now. There’ve already been delays to do with cost, and to do with historic finds, which prolongs the construction process of course (and anyone who thinks we were gonna run into these problems wasn’t being clear eyed at the start—it should be reasonably expected that we’d have these problems).

Really, I wanna ask you: was YOUR response to ME necessary? Frankly, your comment is the rude one.
SATX: 1435k (+8%) + MSA suburbs: 1124k (+38%) + CSA exurbs: 18k (+11%)
ATX: 962k (+22%) + MSA suburbs: 1322k (+43%)