View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 21, 2009, 12:02 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

For your viewing pleasure, some crappy snapshots I took with my cameraphone on my Saturday ride through campus. On my weeknight rides, the campus is a bit livelier than what you see here.

Mission Bay skyline

The main quad and busiest ped/bike axis already provide the outline of what the campus will eventually look like

The bulk of student housing fronts Eugene Friend Way. With a Quizno's, Peasant Pies and some coffee joint beneath the dorms, I suppose this qualifies as 'mixed use' development

A portrait in new housing: One Rincon Hill, in the distance, soars high above Mission Bay's student residences

Third Street below, with the main light rail stop at Eugene Friend Way just out of sight

The corporate portion of Mission Bay lies east of the campus, across Third Street, and extends north and south out to the bayshore. The condos in the distance are being shown currently, and I've witnessed plenty of potential buyers on my daily ride-by.

The spine of Eugene Friend Way is anchored to the west by the student union tower