View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
Yeah I know the CN Tower pretty well. but yeah I mean a skyscraper in the technical use of the term, a fully habitable building. Call me crazy, but I don't think a 1,000-1,200-foot tower would upset the supremacy of the CN Tower, which would still have several hundred feet on such a building. I'm surprised Toronto doesn't have a building topping 1,000 feet yet, considering it's major role as an economic engine and cultural center for the whole of Canada...this coming from a New Yorker, I think Toronto deserves a few supertalls.
True, but it but with the OMB and the City of Toronto's opposing views on buildings certain height (not even sure if they support tall buildings or not due to the opposing news), it is becoming increasingly difficult to make a impacting proposals. I would certainly like a supertall but the with the state of the city and observing the rate at which it's growing, it might take some time and definitely a guy with large pockets and enough power to get a proposal over 400m.