View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
I really hope it's not just a slab. I know that's just a generic image to show the envelope of that height. I can't stand the trend of slab supertalls. Chicago is a city of icons, slabby/boxy supertalls are not iconic.
You don't think Sears, Hancock, or Aon are "iconic"?

Also there is a 0% chance that this will be a slab if Adrian Smith is the architect.

On that note it's actually amazing how prolific Adrian Smith has become. This corner of town will have three significant designs from his different periods: NBC, Trump and Tribune. How many architects in Chicago have gotten such center stage? How many of them have designed the tallest buildings on Earth in serial for decades? Despite that fact, Smith is almost unknown publicly, he doesn't get the starchitect press, he seems very humble and happy to just keep living the dream cranking out the most impressive structures in human history. We are truly in a golden age for tall buildings and Chicago architects are still on top, literally.

Hopefully Smith brings home everything he has learned designing the biggest supertalls and drops a masterpiece on us.

For example, every time I look at their website there is something like this:

http://smithgill.com/media/images/pr...511019_n58.jpg

Last edited by Tom In Chicago; Jan 30, 2018 at 12:53 AM. Reason: post hyperlinks for unrelated images