View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 2:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
And again, again, again, again, again, again........ We have DATA.

The vast vast vast majority of those who are vaccinated are protected from severe illness that results in hospitalizations/deaths. If the day comes that bubonic variant emerges that blasts through vaccines and gives us the rate of illness on par with the original strain across both unvaccinated and vaccinated, then, and ONLY then would I be ok with putting my mask back on and distancing until I get a booster to protect myself.
You are willfully ignoring the point I keep trying to get into thick heads like yours. It doesn't matter whether the first generation vaccines protect against delta or not in so far as there is a large pool of unvaccinated people in whom the virus continues to mutate. The delta variant itself will mutate, perhaps in several base pairs and each time it does its proteins--its antigens--will less and less resemble those against which the vaccine was made and so each time the vaccine will be less and less effective. Thew delta variant is at least somewhat less susceptible to the vaccines than the alpha variant which itself was very slightly less susceptible than the original virus against which the vaccine were made. Expect the vaccine to be that much less effective against whatever follows delta and something will. But how soon depends on the number and frequency of mutating viruses which is a function of the number of viral hosts which, in turn, in the US is a function largely of the number of unvaccinated people.

This is not a question of data. It is a question of simply understanding virology and it is why nearly every expert in that field is begging people to get vaccinated. They care about the welfare of those people as any normal human would but their specific concern is what I'm telling you: They want to minimize viral mutations and delay as long as possible the emergence of newer more virulent strains because to a man and woman, they understand that is going to happen. And masks add just bit more interference in person to person viral transmission--not at all to the degree that the vaccine does, but incrementally just a bit.

I don't really care if you put your mask back on. I hope never to be anywhere near YOU but I'll never understand your stubbornness about that issue. Wearing a mask indoors to me seems so trivial and your stamping your feet in a hissy fit so childish.