View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 2, 2015, 6:44 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricron View Post
It would be far more than encouraging that city counsellors were celebrating passing and implementing a new funding plan instead of rallying around one politically.
It would also be far more encouraging to read completing a project on time and on budget than reading about more delays and the resulting more cost overruns.
absolutely not -- you have to rally around political ideas and plans and get people on board first, that is how politics works, not the other way around. personally, i am not against moveny, but i have issues with it myself, because it penalizes locals too much and especially because i think the commuter tax bloomberg got rid of should be reinstated instead of or along with it to help pay for this stuff. so the moveny plan is no small action.

and as for second avenue, sure its disappointing to have the $ cut, but there may likely be no actual major delay. they have to move around a lot of buried infrastructure like pipes and wiring first, which will take it to the next budget anyway. so they would not be tunneling until then no matter what.