View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughfb3 View Post
Also, I'm curious... does anyone know the plan for T7/T8 and why they are not getting a new standardized head house like the rest? The plans I've heard is that they will instead use the existing pedestrian bridge crossing and expand it, and this looks to be the case as the people mover crossing is now lined up with the existing parking garage crossing to T7.

Why would they not go for a new head house, or is this part of the plan to build up once the Star Alliance International Terminal 9 is finished??

Great resource for keeping up to date with the construction progress at LAX
Because T8 is actually not a terminal as it doesn't have landside facility. It is a concourse of T7 so there is no need for a new headhouse.

Also United is not interested in paying for an upgrade of T7.

I like the new plan... renumbering the gates will go a long way to make it clear where you are going. But I would have gone further and combined 4 and 5 into the same terminal branding since that is the operating plan once the T4 headhouse rebuild is complete... AA will have a single check in lobby that spans current T4 and T5.

And I probably would also combine the current T6, T7 and T8 into a single terminal as well.