View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2022, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughfb3 View Post
This video's clickbait headline is utter garbage. Really?! “EVERYONE hates LAX”??? Before I go in on this video I will start by saying… The best thing about LAX; that no other airport in the world can claim, is that all 3 of the global airline alliances have major hubs at LAX. In addition to that, the major low cost carriers also have hubs at LAX. That means as a consumer, we have the most options, the best prices, and a higher probably for direct flights without connections. That’s bragging rights.

Now about this video… it was done in 2022 but he's talking like its 2019. The things he talks about like hour long horseshoe congestion, hasn't been a thing for over 2.5 years and by the time airline traffic picks back up, the people mover will be done next year and there will be no more shuttle traffic. Delta's T2 is the most cramped and yes there are lines for bathrooms and no available seats, but this is really the only terminal experiencing this much fuss as people dont know that part of the expansion has opened and there are more bathrooms upstairs and brand new ones on the way to the head house. Arguably the longest line in this terminal is for the water bottle filler, but people just dont know there are 4 brand new ones available because its so new in addition to the ones already upstairs... and we know the opening of Delta’s T3 next year will decompress much of T2’s strain. I fly out of this airport at least once a month to various airports around the world for work. For North American standards, LAX is fine and even nice in some regards. Orlando has HUGE security lines.. much longer than anything one would see at LAX and their terminal loop can now take 30-45 min to get through in today's time as it did with me a 3 months ago and 5 months ago... not a few years ago. My trip last week and the other 3 weeks ago I parked in the new ITF west economy parking garage for flights. It's $30/day and cheaper if you pre-book... about the same as Burbank. Yes, the shuttles can take a while, but its not crazy enough to "Hate."

Sure, LAX is not Asia, but it still is on par with the biggest airports in USA & Europe like London Heathrow, Amerstam's Schipol, Charles de Gaulle Paris. I was at Schipol Amsterdam a few months ago... again, nice but not blowing LAX out of the water. San Francisco is probably the nicest Major International airport with the best amenities in USA. Airports like Munich Int. in Germany blow LAX out of the water as it is gorgeous, clean and surprisingly quiet, but it is not a major top passenger airport in the world. Orlando, Las Vegas, New York, MIA, Newark, ATL.... LAX is on par if not better... unless you have a strong preference for Cuban food (like me), then MIA takes the cake on all airports worldwide!!!!!

Also, *quick update,* the brand new head houses for T5/T6 are now open and the North half of Tom Bradley's head house is also open. T5/T6 head house is not as functional as the Delta T2 or T1.5 head houses as they still need to build the rest of the terminal expansion connectors and attach the TSA security levels to the Headhouse. American just started demolishing T4 for their expansion. That is now 4 of the 6 head houses open!!
I can't say I agree with this assessment. I think LAX is just about the worst airport experience out there. The traffic in the horseshoe, over crowded terminals with poor dining/shopping options and lack of seating, the fact that terminals don't connect to each other, lack of real transit connection...it's just a cluster. The improvements are certainly helping, but it's still my least favorite airport. I will fly out of Burbank if at all possible, even if it means connecting rather than a direct from LAX.