View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 11:09 AM
Honored Member

Exclamation Coffee Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood
Does Idaho Falls have a coffee shop yet? Seriously, I am not being silly. Downtown I.F. would be great for a few independent, funky, coffee shops.
And no, starbucks inside of Albertsons does not count.

Yes, Cottonwood. In downtown there is a wonderful coffeshop named the Villacoffeeshouse@www.villacoffeehouse.com. It cross promotes with the new renovated downtow Destinations Inn : www.destinationsinn.com, and finally the fine dining of the cellar at: www.thecellar.biz.

There are about 10 free standing locally owned coffee drive throughs, with Java Express having 5 locations, I think. I might be off by 1-2 drive throughs.

As for Starbucks, well, it will be interesting. There is one in Fred Meyers and one has officially been announced, with another being rumored at this point. The one formally announced will be in what is becoming the "other restaurant row," on West Broadway. With The Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Ruby River Steak House and other restaurants, that Starbucks will be directly across Broadway from one of the Java Express locations. Credit for most of this information comes from www.IdahoFallz.Com from a person using the user name of "DNIX0112" .

As is the case in most cities, some worry if all the indepenent locations can continue with Starbucks entering the local scene.

IMHO two other great places for local coffee shops, where people could gather inside to have a coffe, tea or lunch etc., would be at the new mixed use Ball-Ventures project south of Pancheri and in the University Place/INL area.

Next time you are in town, please check out the Villa or other locals and let us know what you think