View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 17, 2021, 6:43 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by left of center View Post
If Chase was to build a brand new trophy tower, where would they put it? They would need at minimum a half block site, if not full block site, and they would definitely want it in the central area. That doesn't give them a whole lot of options.

There is the old Mercantile Exchange site on Franklin and Washington, and a few sites in the West Loop between 90/94 and the river.

401 S Wacker would be a great option too, especially if they get the air rights over the Enwave.

Other than that though, short of tearing something down, or locating in River North or south of Congress, not sure what else would catch their eye. Maybe Fulton Market?

As in the Trib article, there are 3 main contenders: 401 S Wacker, 130 N Franklin, 655 W Madison. Any one of these could work. I would still probably give 130 N Franklin a slight edge over 401 S Wacker, but it's really close in my view as to which is better from a purely location standpoint. The more I've thought about 401, the stronger it is in approaching 130 - especially when you weigh visibility heavily.....and visibility is something that anchor and other major tenants have increasingly valued in downtown Chicago over the last decade. Particularly if we do have an anchor tenant here that wants to make a highly visible statement....401 presents a fantastic opportunity to do that.