View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 15, 2010, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimondpark View Post
Im gonna have to side with Pleasanton on this one. Keep BART along 580 just like it is along 24. Its probably cheaper, will cause far less of a construction headache for residents and you wont have to chop up neighborhoods-plus many of Pleasanton's ritziest neighborhoods would fight tooth and nail and this would delay or even nix the project altogether.

Especially if BART is going to go thru Ruby Hill, which is fast becoming NorCal's version of Westlake Village.
The question is really whether downtown Livermore should be a destination. If so, leaving the 580 median will be necessary, and there could potentially be some good traffic heading out to Livermore, from Pleasanton/Dublin especially. If not, I question the need to extend the line any further. Just build a bigger parking garage in Dublin. It's not like any of the capacity problems on 580 are between Livermore and Pleasanton - they're all east of Livermore or west of Pleasanton. I'm not big on spending billions just to give a few thousand people in Livermore a ten minute drive to the parking garage rather than a 20 minute drive. Without a station in a walkable area of some type (meaning that station is a destination), the extension is merely adding a couple more park and rides.

I have many problems with the San Jose extension, but at least it is adding some actual destinations.