View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdoSeclorum View Post
I am NOT completely ignoring it. I don't really care if your property has gone up in value. I certainly don't care that you've chosen to live in an expensive home with high taxes instead of a less expensive home with lower taxes. And I care even less that you prefer New York City.

But I don't know why you think that living in New York is going to save you taxes. The city income tax rate there would probably cost you $30,000 a year. And if you want to buy a nice Victorian there in a pleasant neighborhood where you can walk to Michelin starred restaurants and neighborhood theater, your taxes are going to be more than $50,000 a year.

You didn't ask, but personally, the reason I don't live in New York or London or Frankfurt is because I find the quality of life to simply be better in Chicago than it is there. If I had kids I'd have no problem sending them to local public schools, which are better than the average U.S. public school, though this of course depends on the neighborhood. And I also would have no financial problem retreating to a lakefront home in suburban Minneapolis, but I'd rather quit my job and be a bartender someplace with character and people, instead of retreating to something akin to a fortress behind a moat. Now, that's a choice that everyone is free to make for themselves. You, however, are posting on skyscraperpage. Look inward.
I never stated my taxes would go down living in NYC, nor did I even imply that. You made that up. Actually I’m not even sure what the point is you are trying to argue. Happy Halloween fella.