View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 2:05 PM
Windy City Dan

This is just bananas to me. My GF is a Sox fan and since we've been dating I've obviously been going to more Sox games. First of all, their stadium is great, I say this as a life long Cubs fan and someone who loves Wrigley. It's a great place to watch a game, I literally can't find anything wrong with it. Easy to get food, drinks, get around, stuff for kids to do. It's a great place. Second, I'm always blown away by just how much unused area there is around Sox park. Vast swaths of land that could support an entertainment district, there's a dedicated L stop, access to and from the highway could be better, but that's a very solvable problem. I mentioned earlier being a Cubs fan, so I'm used to the Wrigleyville experience, bars, a lively neighborhood on game days and recently hotels and marquee restaurants. There is ZERO of that around Sox park, why? Every Sox fan I know would like to do the same thing we do on game day around Wrigley, which is go to bars and pregame, get some food afterwards, maybe buy some new threads. Sox park might as well be in a desert. Im just curious why no one has capitalized on this yet. Hell, lets throw money together and buy a plot of land and build the most basic of sports bars around Sox park, sit back and watch the money roll in. Just crazy that there's next to nothing there.

Last edited by intrepidDesign; Aug 24, 2023 at 3:14 PM.