View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 6:40 PM

Observations/Questions

- Went by block 7 this morning and can also confirm they have taken up pavement in one corner of the lot. They are also doing some drilling, which I think may be soil testing. That white truck is always the precursor to development starting.
- With 13W test piles being driven, and Bosa indicating intent to start on 12E, it appears they'll be developing their final 2 lots at the same time, which will be great. Unless plans have changed, then given where 12E is, that would mean they would need to begin tearing up the road at some point and straightening it, which also makes me wonder if they will move forward with tearing down that remaining storage facility?
- Still wondering when they would begin doing any work on those park parcels at that end? With that many new residents south of the creek, there will be a lot of people wanting to walk around the creek under the overpasses, and that area is disgusting right now, with squatter camps continually popping up. I hope they move ahead and tear down that last shed, and complete the road infrastructure work, while simultaneously starting the park work on that end.
- This seemed to quietly happen, but the old Carmens shed was finally torn down on the 4th st. bridge, but the pier remains. Don't know if/when they plan to rip the rest of it out?
- Does anyone know if they still plan on putting the 5th street pedestrian bridge in over the creek? Have seen anything on that in ages.
- It appears no work has begun on the children's park yet, and there's a lot of construction stuff being parked on that space currently. I thought they were supposed to start beginning of the year. Anyone have any updates on this?
- Any whispers yet on the Salesforce parcels? That's the last remaining piece of the puzzle that needs resolution and development to finally fill Mission Bay in.
- Anyone hear anything lately about Dagget Place at 7th/16th? I thought they would have started on that a long time ago.
- With the ongoing rebar/concrete working taking shape on block 5 and 13E, 4th st. will start looking dramatically different over the next 3 months.
- From a distance, it looked like rebar was going up on Block 11, so that as well will be rising soon.

All in all, a crazy amount of activity taking place in MB right now, and can't wait to see it all fill in in the coming months.