View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 5:25 AM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post
The lot has provided relatively cheap parking for nearby residents, who can get good rates by leasing space monthly. A parking garage would be largely dedicated to the hotel's guests, and any available spaces in such facilities usually charge considerably more than the current lot does.

A typical objection came from Martha Feldman Hopkins, who lives in a nearby condo. "This neighborhood, the Warehouse District, became a vibrant residential area over time as the warehouses were converted into apartments and condominiums," she wrote. "To preserve the residential character of this neighborhood, existing off-street parking must be protected."

https://www.nola.com/news/business/a...502737c93.html
My only concern, as a homeowner that lives in the Warehouse District is the lack of parking on all these projects, at least I’m on the outer side of the neighborhood. Albeit I get most are hotels and a majority of the guests won’t have a car. It’s just starting to get real tight as all these developments happen. I’m very happy to see added density and the disappearance of surface parking lots. I just think someone needs to build a parking garage (s) or add a floor of parking on some of these . On one of the parcels by Peche seems like a perfect spot. Something like 1111 Lincoln, Herzog designed garage in Miami could be a great addition to the neighborhood. All that being said, love to see all the development happening either way.