View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2023, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
Do you really not understand the concept of citizenship? Ukrainians do not have the right to work in these other countries unless they hold citizenship or permanent residency status. The vast majority are in these Ukrainian refugees are under a temporary residency status. When the conflict is over the status goes away and they become illegal. They will not have the right to work.
Do you understand the concept of immigration? Do you understand the concept of postponing those measures till they feel it's appropriate? Do you see the popular uproar if they decide to expel those Ukrainians if they don't want to leave?

We're talking about Germany here, a country that welcomed millions and millions of foreigners on the past decade and they're very determined to bring more and more. They just opened a program to attract non-European immigrants by which people don't even need to speak German to apply. That's not Trump's US.

About Poland, well, they got "perfect immigrants". They boosted their population by 1.5 million. Who would move to Poland otherwise? And for the relief of very racist Polish society, they're not brown people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
"Studied in detail" lol. I can study the moon in detail, but doesn't mean I can tell Buzz Aldrin what it's actually like to be there.
I'm not speaking about "feeling there": I discuss cities from demographics point of view, urban morphology, etc. etc. That's what do in this forum. Have you been to all the US cities you made any comments about it?

You, on the other hand, believe you know more a city (whose language you don't even speak) than a local living there.

P.S. There are certainly people who know way more about the Moon than Buzz Aldrin. Poor example.