View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 10:26 AM

But it needs to be limited to symptomatic cases, if anything. Like I’ve said, not going to work when you’re running a fever and coughing everywhere will probably become the norm. Maybe even wearing a mask when you’re sick and absolutely have to go out for essentials (like East Asians have always done). But isolating at home for a week because you’re not sick but had a positive test is too costly and too disruptive to be sustainable in the long-term, or even now.

The risk to any vaccinated person is low enough that it needs to be accepted as part of life, like we accept flu, colds, and other common diseases.

Public health experts should be focusing on tackling obesity, i.e. the root cause of practically every condition that made anyone but the very old susceptible to this stupid virus in the first place. That kills way more than 800k Americans yearly.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Last edited by 10023; Dec 30, 2021 at 10:42 AM.