View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 12, 2021, 4:31 AM

My neighbors' son, who is 50 and had no known health problems, is very ill and it isn't clear yet whether he will survive. He's an anti-vaxxer, as are his children but not his wife. One of his daughters just became ill this week. If he had been vaccinated, the chances of infection would be lower but still possible. And if he had been vaccinated and did get infected, it would be unlikely that he would be as sick as he is. He was at my neighbors' home the other day doing some work (they are in their 80s), so we're all hoping they will be ok. They're vaccinated, but again breakthrough infections do occur. They're in poor health, so it could be bad for them if their son infected them. They've otherwise been extremely careful.

My nephew is an anti-vaxxer. He has 3 young children and a wife (she got both shots). He's 40 and thinks he's invincible, although many of the unvaccinated in his age group are extremely ill (or worse) with the delta variant. The family has talked to him but he won't listen. His family doesn't have good insurance, and talking to him about financial ruin goes right over his head. They have a beautiful home and a good life for once. We're just hoping he gets through his game of Russian roulette. Based on his history, he'll expect the rest of the family to bail him out if he gets very ill and loses his shirt. I don't believe the family will bail him out this time, from what I can tell.

Last edited by AviationGuy; Aug 12, 2021 at 4:53 AM.