View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
Different strokes for different folks. You want more Waterfront Square type development to appease your height boner.

I own property in both Northern Liberties and Fishtown. I want a functioning neighborhood that connects to the waterfront.

This is 1000% better than Bridgemans view and the World Trade Center. Also, can you stop waxing poetic about projects that were proposed in some cases decades ago and are literally completely irrelevant and were never economically feasible.
Love these two points. Proposals and renderings are fun and everything, and I myself have gotten caught up in their allure. But if the market isn't asking for height, or if the budgets/investments don't come in, it's irrelevant. If you saturate the area with enough of these projects, you bring more population and income to the area and eventually more density. I would say only once that density reaches a certain mass are you gonna get more dramatic towers. If you look at what is currently at 918 Delware Ave, this is a clear improvement.