View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2018, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerover View Post
because I read the image captions.

The glass is just a aesthetic veneer over the parking structure. You put the outside layer on after the inside. They are probably waiting to install them to decrease the chance of damage or dirt getting on the glass while the rest of the building is in construction.
What caption where? Can you copy and paste it here? I can't read the article.

It makes no sense to have glass over metal screens. That means the metal screens are just a waste of money. Plus, the glass panels are located *inside* the garage - they would either have to remove the metal screens and then put on the glass, and put *back* the metal screens from the inside (if their plan is simply to put the glass over the metal screens), or bring the windows back down to the ground and raise them by crane to install them.

Maybe whatever caption you saw may have just been a reporter confused by seeing glass inside the garage, that is perhaps actually going to go up the building and be installed in the upper floors but is being stored in the garage for now where it is protected from the elements.

I really wish you were right about this being glass for the garage, but I am almost positive what we see is the final product, sadly.