View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 21, 2022, 1:19 PM
The City

2 points:

1. What part about "Mask advisory" is so hard for a certain group of elected leaders to understand? I don't get the need for top-down, authoritarian-style decrees that we all know creates WAY more backlash and instability than it is worth. What are we achieving here other than settling scores? Next time Flu season arrives, or next time the next COVID wave hits, they should instead issue "mask advisories". I bet you that it will lead to plenty of compliance without all of the outrage. Heck, I'll probably wear one more often--it's nice to know that I am making my own decisions.

2. Making a Flu variant extinct: believe it or not, this may not be a good thing. What we know about nature is that every niche gets filled by some new species/subspecies. Now that a niche has opened up, something else will eventually fill its place, and it could potentially be something we don't have a lot of immunity do. It's better to let the viruses that we have dealt with for millennia continue to circulate through the population.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q