View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2009, 6:34 PM
Hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundOfPhiladelphia View Post
But issue #1 is actually providing safe and reliable service. The subway beatings last year set SEPTA's public image back a couple milleniums among those who don't ride, and simply confirmed the attitudes of those at 1234 Market for those who do (like yours truly). I can't tell you how wonderful it is to go up to a token clerk to ask for a schedule and get drama becuase you had the audacity to ask her to do her f--king job. This attitude is rampant among the front end workers. Taking some NYer friends on the BSS is an embarresment. 15 minutes btw trains on a midday? Trains in Manhattan run more frequent at 2am
Yeah I'd have to agree with you across the board here. As a daily rider, SEPTA needs to invest more money in safety and customer service, hopefully the forthcoming stimulus package will enable that, however from what I've seen they have no priority of doing so. In two or three years SEPTA is planning on implementing an electronic payment system for each stop/station, this would be a good point to turn their service around.

Maybe we should complain more to someone at City Hall? Ha.