View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
I'm not so much worried about the design, although I still prefer the original design compared to this proposal in the first pic:

https://philly.curbed.com/2017/3/27/...derings-drexelI'm not saying Aramark will leave Philadelphia, but seeing companies like Lincoln Financial, Crown Holdings, Sovereign/Santander, and especially Sunoco leave the city limits doesn't give me any confidence that Philadelphia can compete. Don't blame me, I just follow the current trends.
Any company leaving the city is unfortunate, and I'm the first to bash the city's tax code...but I also see this as a case of old vs new. These are old line traditional companies without a lot of growth prospects. They're also likely run by old men who still think in old ways. They're not concerned about recruiting the best and brightest young people because young people don't want to work for them. Mostly, they're just re-arranging the deck chairs on the titanic and trying to pump up earnings any way they can.

They'll be replaced by more dynamic upstarts that know where you plant your flag is just as important as how you run your company.

Sunoco won't be around in 25 years.