View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 12:09 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
You don't think Sears, Hancock, or Aon are "iconic"?

Also there is a 0% chance that this will be a slab if Adrian Smith is the architect.

On that note it's actually amazing how prolific Adrian Smith has become. This corner of town will have three significant designs from his different periods: NBC, Trump and Tribune. How many architects in Chicago have gotten such center stage? How many of them have designed the tallest buildings on Earth in serial for decades? Despite that fact, Smith is almost unknown publicly, he doesn't get the starchitect press, he seems very humble and happy to just keep living the dream cranking out the most impressive structures in human history. We are truly in a golden age for tall buildings and Chicago architects are still on top, literally.

Hopefully Smith brings home everything he has learned designing the biggest supertalls and drops a masterpiece on us.

For example, every time I look at their website there is something like this:

http://smithgill.com/media/images/pr...511019_n58.jpg
Sears and Hancock definitely are. I don't really consider them to be slabs. I was talking more about rectangular or strictly square shaped buildings. I actually like Sears and Hancock specifically because they aren't just slabs. Aon is debatable, but I wouldn't really call it a slab either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumdogmillionaire View Post
Standard Oil may not be iconic, but I genuinely hope you get banned and break your ankle if you are going to stand by your statement that the Sears tower and Hancock are not "iconic". Fuck outta here boi, take that weak shit somewhere else.
Ok

Thou shall not indict

Last edited by Tom In Chicago; Jan 30, 2018 at 12:53 AM.