View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
Some of the city boosters here seem to be in denial. Many have been the most pro-shutdown ("stop whining and work from home, to hell with the livelihoods we've just damaged!") types. But it looks more and more like you want to have your cake and eat it too. The overly rigid policies and fears that many in your corner have espoused have had.....lets just say......consequences:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/29/n...-pandemic.html
It's insane. My extremely pro-lockdown classmates in my urban planning classes are completely silent on this issue. Why? Well, because they probably don't want to believe their suggestive lockdowns are bad and because they are utterly obsessed with race right now. I have three classes right now and all three have a studio aspect where we are working on "equity" plans. So no time to care about rich people downtown!

However, these silly kids don't realize that at least in Chicago, two wards in the downtown area produce 40% of property tax revenue and that with a plummeting downtown workforce, our CTA and METRA will collapse in the long term.

But hey, PROGRESS!