View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 11, 2010, 2:00 AM
Charismatic Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Sometimes I wonder, is it actually possible to build 1000 foot buildings in NY? They might as well just make a law saying their can't be instead of teasing us. I can't stand all the tease projects in NY... Either make a height limit or stop bitching about high buildings, seriously.

I know I'm gonna piss a lot of people off by saying this but a tower this size won't be allowed, we've already seen this scenario many times and it always ends up the same way. I'm not trying to be a downer, just a little slice of realism for everyone.

And if it does actually get built, that little teeny chance, that's great and thank god.
Approved and U/C buildings over 1000 feet in NYC:
Tour de Verre
Manhattan West development
World Product Center
Extell's 2 developments by the park
Girasole
Tower across the street from Girasole
80 South Street
WTC
A bunch in Hudson Yards
And the NY Times tower was built only a few years ago at over 1000 feet

Plus there are many more approved or U/C 800+ foot towers.

We're all sad about 200 feet getting lopped off the Tour de Verre, but there's no reason to start bad-mouthing all NY development because a few isolated incidents. There will always be people fighting against slightly darker streets and castrated views, but they don't always (rarely) win.

And anyways, this tower is not in a relatively high population area, so this one should face little opposition. The only possible issue is people who want to preserve the old Pennsylvania Hotel, but it's such a terrible hotel that it will be almost impossible to defend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmack View Post
It doesn't matter if it is the same architect. If it is the same architect then he isn't doing his job well.

They look nothing alike other than the fact that they use (completely different colored) glass. What do you mean by this?