View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 11, 2010, 1:13 AM
YIMBY co-founder

^There kinda are heightlimits already in NYC, in this case it's 581' as seen in the as-of-right render. That anything taller/bigger than as-of-right gets built in NYC says that the limits aren't absolute though. Which IMO is a good thing, but I'd rather the as-of-right envelope was made bigger.

I like the design of both the singletenant and the multitenant versions, the singeltenant one looking slighty better with the wall on the 7th av side going all the way to the top. Otoh I prefer the multitenant one because it is taller and has more retail (perfect location for that right next to Penn).

A design question: are the gashes on the sides based on straight lines from [whatever floor it starts on] to the edge of the roof? Looks like it to me.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall