View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 18, 2014, 2:02 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Smile NEW YORK | MID/LOW RISES | General Developments Updates/Compilation

New York City's Mid Rise/Low Rise Updates/Compilation

New York City has been experiencing the greatest boom since the early 20th century. We are experiencing a whole new era of high rise, mid rise, and low rise construction. In order to not crowd the High Rise Development thread with smaller projects, NYC needs to have a general developments thread/compilation where we can neatly place all of the smaller projects. Similar to the Chicago and Atlanta general developments, this thread should serve to document projects that are generally below 12 stories which includes mid/low rises and other developments such as parks,piers, street designs,etc. (General Developments) .

Highrise Thread for structures 12 floors > / 120 FT > can be found here: NEW YORK CITY | Highrise Compilation and Directory 2018 Version

Format: I'm thinking every project should have the name on top, bold, and a rendering that is reasonable size. I know sometimes its difficult to find smaller ones, but something around 1024x768 or 800x600 is appropriate. For sake of neatness. Along with a brief description of the height, floors, features, etc. And in quotes if its from a source. Usually information from other sources without quotes makes it look very sloppy and hard to navigate. Along with proper citing of course.

Landmark/Historical Districts GIS: http://nyclpc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/w...8b1eede432022b
* Thanks to Photolith for the find

Comments: Try to keep the discussion relevant. Opinions are welcome, but be a little mature with them. No flaming/trolling please.

- Chris E.

My Other Encyclopedia Style Compilations:

1) NEW YORK CITY | Highrise Compilation and Directory 2016 Version
2) FLORIDA | HIGH/MID/LOW RISES | Updates/Compilation (Whole State)
3) SHENZHEN | Projects and Developments
4) TEXAS | Cities Compilation and Directory 2015 Version
5) GLOBAL SUPERTALLS | Supertall Compilation From Every Country

Last edited by chris08876; Jan 18, 2019 at 12:57 AM.