View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 5:12 PM
New Yorker for life

Lol, couldn’t help but think of some people here…

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/2334...ower-brighton/

Man shocked by trees planted on new tower in Brighton

By Andrew Gardner
February 27, 2023

Quote:
A roofer has told of his shock after he discovered trees were being planted on the top of an eighteen-storey building.

Luke Cooke spotted trees being planted atop the York and Elder development near the New England Quarter in Brighton.

He fears the trees could be "uprooted" in high winds, causing damage to buildings or even people.

Luke told The Argus: "I couldn’t believe that a piece of nature was sat upon a huge lump of ugly concrete. My first reaction was utter shock.

"I honestly believe that, on a windy day, these trees will simply be uprooted and get carried by the wind at dangerous speeds, potentially hurting someone."

….. Luke shared his concerns with the wider community in Brighton on the Facebook group Brighton Skies.

He received many responses rejecting his concerns. One said: "This is no different to trees on hills, or mountains."

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.