View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 12, 2022, 1:03 PM

I truly love Austin and wish we could have the high-rises they have there. But it is not to be. I love to visit there and want to go back down there soon.

Due to height regulations set in place beyond the control of the Developers, it will be very hard to go past 750'.

There is a plan for a new longer runway ay BNA to handle the large capacity cargo jets as those always use the one the goes over downtown, but that may never change. We also need the longer runway to get the Asian flights and that runway is due to start I have heard in 2024.

A developer can go past that height if it is outside of the cone of flight, but that is not within the allowed zoning of Metro codes. Metro height regulations are very strict here. That goes back to a city planner some 20 years ago and we are finally getting past that boondoggle and allowing height in places where it was not allowed before.

So, it looks as if we may just follow the San Diago model as we are sort of in the same boat they are with the airport in close proximity to their downtown.

Last edited by nashvilleron; Aug 13, 2022 at 1:10 PM.