View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 1:11 PM
Hong Kong

Thanks for your support. Here are 10 more.

41. Yellowknife was previously famous for its gold and diamond mines. In recent years, it has also become a winter tourist mecca thanks to its prime location to view the northern lights, with plane-loads of visitors from Asia coming here.

43. Zermatt is a must-see for a journey into the Swiss Alps. Cars are banned from town and there are plenty of trails and easy mountain ascents to enjoy the views.

46. Athens is known for its traffic and smog. Compared to the beautiful Greek islands, this place may not be so attractive for natural scenery, but has plenty of history to showcase.

47. Dubai is a skyscraper-lover's wonderland, although some people do have that love it or hate it feeling towards what they've created in the middle of the desert.

While I'm not a fan of their urban planning, they have a good metro network now that runs along the linear cityscape. Trains are a bit crowded for my taste though and I've always been bewildered how quickly the density tapers off into the empty desert. I wonder how much does it cost to own a little paradise with sea views?

49. Harbin hosts the world's largest ice and snow festival every year, and is the main reason why you should brave bitterly-cold temperatures to visit.