View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 4:47 PM

A. SSP has a lot more insider info floating around between members than you realize. Also, just about any question one has about a development can and will be answered here almost immediately. In fact, beyond the regular user base, we often see new members who are clearly directly involved in these projects and just following these boards join just to chime in and answer a tricky question that has "stumped the chumps".

B. The issue with the CAB post was that he wrote more words lambasting a brief speculative conversation about possible buildings heights on SSP than the original conversation itself had. Beyond that, the vast majority of the words in that conversation were in a single post by Steely which was really just a breaking down of possibilities (and therefore necessarily more long winded).

Such conversations might seem silly to most people, but they are a part of what makes SSP so interesting. If you are a newbie reading a post like Steelys would teach you a lot about how different uses result in different floor to floor heights and how there's even a range of possible ceiling heights within each use. Seems totally wonky and unecessary information, but when I was younger and trying to learn about real estate I gleaned countless study hours of information off this forum by reading posts like that.

That said, enough about the ding dong over at CAB, we've wasted enough time talking about it already. I wasn't going to post anything further about it myself, but felt it necessary to defend the honor of my favorite website!