View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 13, 2011, 8:31 AM
Just add water

Thank you, diskojoe, for your PM inviting me to participate in this thread. I am not very active on this forum and am amazed by the variety of images I see in this thread. I will certainly take the time to go through all the postings

But first, let me answer some of your questions:

What are you shooting with and what would you like to shoot with?

I am a Nikon guy and have been adding to my equipment like crazy over the last few years. I use two bodies, D300 (crop format) and D700 (full frame) with several DX and FX lenses, most of them Nikkor. You can find a complete list of my equipment here.
With regards to what I would like to shoot with all I can say is I am plain happy with what I have. The trio of a D700 with the 14-24mm f2,8 Nikkor and the 24-70mm f2,8 Nikkor is all I could ever ask for. The quality of these two lenses never ceases to amaze me! But now I feel even more pressure to make the most of it... no more excuses that the equipment messed it up

If you could sum up your style in one photograph what photo would it be?

That's a tough decision, but I guess it would be something like this:

Of course, I don't only shoot Panoramas. Click on the image to see some more of my urban shots

Talk about your inspirations and influences.

The biggest influence on my photography has been the city of Dubai itself. The incredible scale of ongoing construction, the colorful lights at night time, that very special atmosphere on a construction site at night... this made me become an addict of urban night photography. However, I don't think I would ever do it to the same extent in any other city. I am actually more of a nature lover and would always choose landscape photography over urban, if I had to decide. I've just set up a new website where I want to show that other side of my photography as well

Stop by and have a look, if you find the time:

AblazeWithLight.com

Lately, I have found a lot of inspiration on deviantART. There are many amazing photographers whom I truly admire

Where have you not been that you want to photograph?

I'd love to visit Alaska, The Andes, Nepal, Tibet, Iceland... living in Dubai makes me long for colder places, it seems
And when the kids are a bit older I'd love to get back into scuba-diving and underwater photography. I definitely will!

Cheers,
Sebastian

Last edited by Desert Diver; Jun 15, 2011 at 10:55 AM.