View Single Post
Old Posted May 19, 2011, 10:35 PM
Ex Houstonian

What are you shooting with and what would you like to shoot with?

Until recently I was shooting with a Nikon D200 with many lenses. I mostly use wide angle lenses, the Tokina 11-16 f 2.8. I just bought a D7000 and now only use it. I would love someday to be able to buy the Nikon D2x or whatever replaces it in the future. I have many other lenses though, the Tamron 200-500mm, Nikon 18-70 f 3.5, Nikon 10.5mm f2.8, Tokina 12-24mm f4, Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR, and some extension tubes for macro.

If you could sum up your style in one photograph what photo would it be?

Hmmmm, maybe this photo?

Talk about your inspirations and influences.

Well, I used to shoot only nature photography, mostly birds. I dont really know too many photographers by name. I would say my biggest influence would be National Geographic. I had a subscription to them since I was in 3rd grade. Many of the photos stuck out in my mind and I probably learned how to frame photos from National Geographic.

Where have you not been that you want to photograph?

I have been to many places around the world but the place I want to go to most and spend tons of time shooting in, would be NYC. Ive been there before, but it was 6 years ago when I really wasnt interested in urban photography. I could just spend years photographing everything in that city.

Talk about your most popular (in your opinion) photothreads.

My most popular photothread would have to be my Cairo, Ill photothread, that and the redneck Arkansas photo thread I made years ago. Both got up to around 12 or so pages.

Talk about your photothreads that didn't get the response you wanted.

My Denver photothread I made only got like 6 responses, although the photos werent too good cause I only spent 2 hours walking fast around town to see as much as I could.

Any tips or personal wisdom you'd like to pass on to others?

Its all about framing photographs. I try and show the whole scene so people can get a feel for the city even though they arent there. I try and capture the whole street and all the buildings on that street. Like this...

and this

and this

I also do portraits every now and again, I think this is my best

I usually spend most my time framing the photograph and take many shots of the same scene and in order to get the best possible photo. I always have my camera on manual settings so I can set the aperture and all that. I think in order to get the best photo you have to completely understand lighting also in order to get the best possible exposure

Last edited by photoLith; May 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM.