View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 6:07 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnphx View Post
I think if Derby owners didn't demolish the back part of the building when they agreed to wait (and then publicly apologize) and be straight up with the the neighborhood, they may have gotten their GPLET without much opposition and started construction already. They fucked it up themselves by being arrogant. Hopefully, developers who still want to build downtown will have a new understanding of what's required in the downtown core, not rely on GPLETS and build. It can be done.
That would be Circles...and I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, I believe the Roosevelt Action Group along with Sherry Rampy came to an agreement with the Circles developers a few months back and gave them the thumbs up with the GPLET and the development.

As for Derby, the city had already granted them a GPLET, so why is the project scrapped when they have already been approved for the GPLET? Could the Derby GPLET have been pulled because of the lawsuit after it was already approved by the city? I was under the impression the lawsuit was geared towards future GPLETs?

Also, I drove through Roosevelt Row last night and Angels Trumpet was either closed or completely empty! There was not a car in the parking lot and I seen no patron activity inside. They obviously do not care about making business and I have a feeling they will close or relocate within a couple of years and we will have lost a GREAT development for nothing.